We’re hiring a Growth Marketing Associate, to join our team. This is a full-time, New York City-based position. The Growth Marketing Associate will report to the Vice President, Growth and will work closely with the lifecycle, media, commerce, and growth advertising stakeholders to strategically improve key areas of the business.
About the team and what we'll build together
In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns to support theSkimm’s media clients and commerce business. Being a part of the Growth Marketing team provides the unique ability to learn a lot about digital marketing quickly, including email, texting, digital advertising (SEM, display, social), and web marketing.There is always something new to learn and explore. We are solution-oriented problem-solvers with a finger on the pulse of the latest happenings and have the strategic wherewithal to analyze and determine the long-term impact that programs and partnerships will have on the company.We aren’t afraid to think out of the box to grow our business and are always on the lookout for new opportunities to support theSkimm brand, team, mission, and our community.
Paired with our team’s strong camaraderie and ‘can do’ attitude, we believe anything is possible — something that we find inspiring, fulfilling and fun. No day is the same and every project is different, providing the ultimate opportunity for career growth, learnings, and inspiration.
What you'll be doing
- Assist in the development and planning of marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including email, texting, paid advertising (SEM, display, and social), and website modals.
- Help manage the marketing communications calendar.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, commerce, data, and design, to ensure campaigns are executed seamlessly, on time, and meet business objectives.
- Create campaign performance reports and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Support media clients and theSkimm’s commerce business by managing execution of marketing campaigns, including: scheduling, segmentation, production, reporting and optimization
You’re ready for this! Here’s a bit more about what we’re looking for
- 0 - 3 years of experience
- Experience with Google Workplace and project management tools (Asana is a plus)
- Experience with digital marketing platforms (SailThru and Meta a plus)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and experience with data-driven decision-making
- Bachelors or advanced degree in marketing, business, or related field
The expected annual base salary for this role is $60,000-$65,000. We’ll consider a variety of factors when determining the offered base salary including an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, abilities, experience, location, market demands, and internal parity.
About the office
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work. Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We have a hybrid environment and ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open.
Why our employees love working here
We are mission driven and values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world and the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose and allows us to provide useful information succinctly and contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work and our culture come straight from our core values.
Each of us supports this incredible brand and takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each and every day.
We put you and your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- Encouraged time off on your birthday and Skimm’versary
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans and commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into an Empower 401(k) plan starting on your first day and employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year Skimm’versary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering and surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building and fertility benefits
- Flexible and broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company “time off” during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, and supportive culture (we celebrate and have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our executive team
- Employee Resource Groups
- Annual employee award ceremony to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs and activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, off-sites, and wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office and remote, to connect and have fun
Your career and development are a priority:
- Annual learning and development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners and colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance and planning
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, and diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimm’d
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, and strategists all working together to achieve this goal.Every day we’re breaking down the news, trends, policies, and politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives and futures – from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots – with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing and empowering them while fitting into their daily routines. Since disrupting the media landscape and defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news and make decisions.
Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money and Skimm Your Life newsletters, B2B marketer’s newsletter The SKM Report, “9 to 5ish with theSkimm” podcast, theSkimm mobile app. We also house Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video and audio content, and our in-house creative agency SKM Lab, which conceptualizes, develops, and produces innovative solutions and content for brands to engage with generations of informed women. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Lifedebuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred more than two million voting-related actions across the last four election cycles. We have mobilized hundreds of companies to join our #ShowUsYourLeave movement, which has created transparency and pushed for progress for Paid Family Leave in the U.S. And we’re empowering women to take agency of their lives and control of their futures through our State of Women initiative, grounded in a study conducted by The Harris Poll.Come join us!Learn more about us and our other opportunities here.