At Tecton, we are on a mission to bring Machine Learning to every customer and product interaction on the planet. We build an enterprise-grade, world-class
Feature Platform – the infrastructure that powers real-time ML applications and systems in production.Tecton’s founders developed the first Feature Store when they created Uber’s Michelangelo ML platform, and we’re now bringing those same capabilities to every organization in the world.Tecton is funded by Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, and Kleiner Perkins, along with strategic investments from Snowflake and Databricks. We have a fast-growing team that’s distributed around the world, with offices in San Francisco and New York City.
Our team has years of experience building and operating business-critical machine learning systems at leading tech companies like Uber, Google, Meta, Airbnb, Lyft, and Twitter.As an Engineering Manager for our Feature Engineering team, you will play a critical role in shaping the team’s strategic direction and implementation of Tecton’s core Feature Engineering SDK, APIs, and developer toolkit. Feature Engineering owns the abstractions and APIs used to build sophisticated ML pipelines used by thousands of developers. The team effectively owns the “hot path UX” through Tecton. Your leadership and technical expertise will directly influence Tecton’s core user experience from sign-up through feature development and finally production.
You’ll partner with Product, Design, and Marketing, and Field teams to define the roadmap that helps companies ranging from Fortune 100s to startups accelerate their path to real-time AI.
- Developer-centric APIs, Python SDKs, and CLIs
- APIs and workflows to support common real-time ML use cases, such as RecSys and Fraud Detection
- Interoperability between Tecton’s logical compute definitions and physical compute integrations, such as Rift
- Core user workflows to support that path from feature development, and iterative model training, to production feature serving
- Leading, and coaching a talented engineering team ranging from junior to staff-level engineers
- Building product and infrastructure for Tecton’s Feature Engineering frameworks and enabling customer adoption of new features
- Recruiting top-tier engineering talent, building an organized and sustainable team, and partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to build product vision and strategy
- Efficiently executing on an aggressive product roadmap by building new features and managing technical debt levels
- 7+ years of software engineering experience for high-scale products or infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience working on ML engineering or developer-centric platforms
- 2+ years of people management experience for a group of engineers
- Passion for Product and building intuitive, high-quality developer tooling, APIs, and DSLs
- Experience with Batch and Streaming Data Pipelines
- Strong communication and ability to write detailed technical specifications
- Excitement about coaching and mentorship of engineers
- (Nice-to-have) Experience working on large Python projects
- (Nice-to-have) Experience working with versioned APIs and client backward compatibility
$200,000 - $273,000 a yearThe estimated US base salary range for this position is $200,000 - $273,000 annually for employees based within California & New York. In addition to base salary, we offer competitive equity & comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(K), flexible paid time off, 10 paid holidays each calendar year, sick time, leave of absence as per the FMLA and other relevant leave laws. Individual compensation packages are based on multiple factors such as location, level, role scope, and complexity, as well as additional job-related factors such as skills, experience, and expertise.Tecton values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from the application through to the interview, please contact us at email@example.com.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Apply for this job